Thanks to our awesome group of mutual friends we started dating our junior year of high school. We quickly realized our silly teenage love was real and it only continued to grow as we transitioned on to college (GO COUGS!) to our first house to adopting our ridiculously adorable French bulldogs. After nine years together and a couple of years of poking and prodding (kidding…kind of) Garry decided it was finally time to pop the question. He wanted to make sure it was a complete surprise but also knew that Sarah didn’t want any public spectacle. Garry decided to surprise Sarah at work in Seattle but when he arrived she was at Nordstrom (what do you expect? it was the anniversary sale!). When she got back to the office a few minutes later Garry got on his knee, Sarah cried and the rest was history.
There is no better word to describe our wedding day then perfect. The venue, flowers, music and décor where exactly the way we’d imagined, but by far the most amazing part was having all of our closest friends and family together sharing in our love. We knew we were taking a big risk, weather wise, having our wedding in February but it was beautiful and we were able to take advantage of Novelty Hill-Januik’s incredible outdoor space. The light raindrops that fell during our first look seemed perfectly fitting and quickly disappeared for the rest of the photos. From that point on we didn’t worry about a thing and enjoyed the rest of the night, especially when we all learned where Garry got his crazy dance moves from – his dad. If we could do it all again, we wouldn’t change a thing.
Special thanks to everyone that worked hard on Sarah + Garry’s wedding day!
- Ceremony & Reception | Novelty Hill-Januik Winery
- Catering | Novelty Hill-Januik Winery
- Cake | The Sweet Side
- Hair & Makeup | Salon Picchena (hair); makeup – bride’s sister
- Coordinator | Emily Pollock at Novelty Hill-Januik Winery
- Dress & Attire | Wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses – Bellevue Bridal; groom and groomsmen suits – Express
- Shoes | Nordstrom
- Jewelry | Nordstrom,Kate Spade and family jewelry
- Florals | Metropolitan Market
- Videographer | Mark Mellen and Cameron Crisp
- DJ | Marc Sense of Integral DJs
- Invitations | 123Print and Wedding Paper Divas